Regrets, ive had a few etc.. How many times have you looked wistfully at a picture of a certain minifigure / set and wished you hadn’t opened/played with/lost it up the hoover?
I am always doing it at the moment – especially old Space sets.
When I was a kid, I loved Space and had pretty much all the grey Classic sets (in the days when LEGO released them slowly enough to allow us Mortals time/money to buy the whole range.)
I even had the elusive monorail oddly at the time, it hardly featured on my layouts – it was too cumbersome and of specific moulding, making remodelling of the layout or rolling stock, pretty much impossible.
..to such an extent, I ‘swapped’ it with my friend for another Technic Chassis set.
They say you should never chase your losses, but I often catch myself morosely looking up the prices on used monorails!
When i look at the amount of rarity that has passed through my hands in this job..
– I’ve sorted over 150x boxes of Series 1 CMF (£1000 each, these days)..
– I’ve ripped open 100x boxes of London 2012 Minifigures (£700/box)..
– I’ve split 200+ boxes of 10665 and 76040 for figures (both £80 nowadays)..
– sold 200x Gingerbread Houses and VW camper polybags, with a current value that could now pay for an actual VW Camper!
– turned down multiple 3for2s on Millennium Falcons and other UCS sets as they took too much room..
– declined remaindered batches of Brickheadz and Modular buildings..
– declined a batch of 10x Mr Golds for £4000..
..the list goes on.. if I only had a time machine!